New to Hackathons? Are you interested in participating in IEEEXtreme 14.0 but do not have experience? IEEE WIE Ottawa presents the first-ever Mock Hackathon in Ottawa! Win Exciting Prizes and get experience with us. No need to think of an idea! The questions will be given to you. Our mentors will further help you to get ahead start on your Hackathon journey! WIEHACK613 is a practice event just for you!
Any student from college / university located in Ottawa can participate in the event.
A team should contain maximum of 3 participants. One mentor will be provided to each team.
Students from different colleges and universities can form teams.
No registration charges, the event is FREE!
Join our Mentorship program to get ahead start with your Hackathon journey!
Our Mentors will help you to get familiarize with the platform and help you with practice questions!
No registration charges, the mentorship is FREE!
Compete with other teams on 26th September 2020 and win exciting prizes!
Each team will be given a set of questions that they need to solve and submit within the time limit (3 Hours).
IEEE WIE Ottawa is interested in nurturing young talents across Ottawa, conducting the first-ever practice / mock hackathon to give college/university students the learning and experience opportunity prior to IEEE Xtreme 14.0! WIEHACK613 is friendly to students who are getting into STEM education.
Is this your first hackathon? Select your own or we will provide you with a mentor through IEEE WIE Mentorship Program! Our best mentors have broad experience in volunteering to promote STEM education!
Date and Place
The event will be held online on September 26th and 27th, 2020.
|September 26th, 2020|
|01:00 PM||The opening ceremony|
|02:00 PM||Commencement of Hackathon|
|05:00 PM||Final Submission|
|September 27th, 2020|
|01:00 PM||Results declaration webinar|
|01:30 PM||Prize announcement|
|02:00 PM||The closing ceremony|
After registration participants will receive further details about the Mentorship and Hackathon through their registered email address.
- Any Student from any college/university can participate in the event (The event will be conducted at local time in Ottawa, So students participating from other places should be prepared to attend the event in Ottawa Time zone.)
- No registration charges, the event, and mentorship are FREE!
- Students from different colleges and universities can form teams.
- A team should contain a maximum of 3 participants. One mentor will be provided to each team.
- This will be a virtual event, and teams will be using their own machines for development.
- Platform and tools used for Mentorship and Hackathon will be communicated to the participants through the registered email address.
- Anyone interested to help students participate in the event can apply to volunteer and become mentors.
- One mentor can help a maximum of 3 teams.
- Mentorship is totally voluntary; mentors can agree upon terms with their teams in conducting meetings/chat sessions.
- Any malpractices in task submission will directly lead to the team being disqualified and the submission being deemed invalid.
- Participants are required to be respectful to all fellow participants and mentors. Disrespectful behaviors in Online chats/meetings/events will be not tolerated and the team will be disqualified from the event.
For further questions contact us!